Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Classless "You'll Shoot Your Eye Out" Thread !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classless "You'll Shoot Your Eye Out" Thread !

In honor of "A Christmas Story", Add your favorite quotes:

My father worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium, a master.

Re: Classless "You'll Shoot Your Eye Out" Thread !

I don't particularly like Christmas Story.

:runaway:

Comment

[quote author=filmfanatic24 link=topic=2293.msg25893#msg25893 date=1290299013]

[/quote]

From time to time I disagree with filmfanatic's taste in movies.

Comment

[/quote]

Not a finger!

Comment

[/quote]

That is too bad...

Comment

My little brother had not eaten voluntarily in over three years.

Aunt Clara had for years labored under the delusion that I was not only perpetually 4 years old, but also a girl.

Comment

I would just much rather watch Scrooged, Christmas Vacation, etc. I don't dislike the movie, but it's not at the top of my list around Christmas to watch.

Comment

[quote author=filmfanatic24 link=topic=2293.msg25910#msg25910 date=1290302806]
                I would just much rather watch Scrooged, Christmas Vacation, etc. I don't dislike the movie, but it's not at the top of my list around Christmas to watch.

[/quote]

This.

Comment

Classless "You'll Shoot Your Eye Out" Thread !

[/quote]

What??? No mention of Elf???

Comment

[/quote]

so you're saying you love it when TNT shows it for 24 hours straight?

Comment

I love this movie...if not for any other reason that it reminds me that it's holiday season

my favorite Christmas movie is the Grinch, though...don't know why, but it's just a tradition that my sister and I watch it on Christmas eve every year...used to be the cartoon one but now is the Jim Carey version

Oh yeah, and this is Cindy Lou Who these days

Comment

I think that this movie resonates with so many people for many reasons. The writing is excellent, for one. For me, it works very well because it's told from the kid's perspective. Anyone who ever desperately wanted a specific gift for Christmas can relate to it. The thought of receiving that gift (and how to secure it) could consume a child.

For me, it was Optimus Prime back in '85.

Comment

[quote author=ICThawk link=topic=2293.msg25960#msg25960 date=1290366293]

[/quote]

What??? No mention of Elf???
                          [/quote]

That's in the "etc."

Comment

Ralphie: Oooh fuuudge!
                            Ralphie as Adult: [narrating] Only I didn't say "Fudge." I said THE word, the big one, the queen-mother of dirty words, the "F-dash-dash-dash" word!
                            Mr. Parker: [stunned] *What* did you say?
                            Ralphie: Uh, um...
                            Mr. Parker: That's... what I thought you said. Get in the car. Go on!
                            Ralphie as Adult: [narrating] It was all over - I was dead. What would it be? The guillotine? Hanging? The chair? The rack? The Chinese water torture? Hmmph. Mere child's play compared to what surely awaited me.

Comment

[quote author=CStop link=topic=2293.msg25907#msg25907 date=1290301572]

[/quote]

Not a finger!
                              [/quote]

Ralphie as Adult: [narrating] The old man stood there, quivering with fury, stammering as he tried to come up with a real crusher. All he got out was...
                              The Old Man: Naddafinga!

Comment

Working...
                              X