3)Big No-Bake Cookies

Re: Favorite Crap School Cafeteria Food

Chili and cinnamon rolls. End thread.

Comment

Chili and Cinnamon Roll Day.

Comment

[quote author=GiggleFace link=topic=2229.msg25115#msg25115 date=1290015331]
        [/quote]
        Damn you GiggleFace...DAMN YOU!

Comment

French Bread pizza
          chili and cinnamon rolls
          chicken patties and white gravy
          kolache

Comment

what is this chili and cinnoman roll day you speak of?

oooooh damn...forgot pasta bar

Comment

[quote author=GiggleFace link=topic=2229.msg25115#msg25115 date=1290015331]
              [/quote]

This x1000000000000000000

My second favorite I had in school was the chicken nuggets/strips/patty with mashed potatoes. Delicious.

Comment

[quote author=Joe Norris link=topic=2229.msg25120#msg25120 date=1290015716]
                what is this chili and cinnoman roll day you speak of?
                [/quote]

Do you really not know? If you haven't experienced chili and cinnamon roll day then I weep for you. This is actually so sad that I may have to change my name to SuperSadFace.

Comment

My school rocked the Sodexo Food Service. It was crap, but we shoved it in our faces.

I certainly remember the taste of plastic covered pizza-- it was almost like an individual layer of terrible lasagna. I also remember kids power-walking to get to BBQ Rib Sandwich day (because if you got caught running, you'd end up in the back of the line).

The worst thing I ate way too much of (there are probably tumors in my stomach due to years of eating them) was the Chicken Patty sandwich. It was this mechanically separated chicken meat puck with the consistency between cartilage and soft rubber. Then they put a breading on it like you would for a truck liner (because there was no skin to bread). Partially de-thaw it in the back room and put it on a steam tray for a few hours before serving. Eat lukewarm on a semi-stale bun with plastic American cheese and TONS of ketchup (in order to lube it down the gullet). I can still taste it just thinking about it.

Comment

I also really enjoyed Bierock day. Enjoyed it A LOT.

Comment

[quote author=Chingon link=topic=2229.msg25128#msg25128 date=1290016781]
                      I also really enjoyed Bierock day. Enjoyed it A LOT.
                      [/quote]

Just made some of those last night. Great for lunch.

My favorite was goulash days. Very good stuff. Even better was the day after goulash days when they would put the leftovers out on the seconds table.

Comment

It's a rare thing that makes me glad I'm older, but this thread has done it. I'd sooner shoot myself in the face than eat cafeteria/fraternity style food again on a regular basis . . . even if it is chili and cinnamon rolls, both of which I like, but not necessarily together.

Comment

[quote author=illinijhawk link=topic=2229.msg25137#msg25137 date=1290018256]
                          It's a rare thing that makes me glad I'm older, but this thread has done it. I'd sooner shoot myself in the face than eat cafeteria/fraternity style food again on a regular basis . . . even if it is chili and cinnamon rolls, both of which I like, but not necessarily together.
                          [/quote]

This post is 100% wrong on every level. I would kill for those school cafeteria cinnamon rolls. They are still the best cinnamon rolls I've had to this day. The chili was good but nothing special but they always served those spectacular cinnamon rolls with the chili so now I can't even hear/read the word "chili" without getting a mega-boner.

Comment

We called them Bosco sticks...basically those long breadsticks stuffed with cheese. Bosco stick day meant me getting 8-9 of them, and 2 cups of marinara sauce.

Comment

Try to contain your jealousy....Sam has plastic pizza day today. On his menu they call it "Italian pizza" so he is always asking me to make Italian pizza at home....as if it's some gourmet food I need to master. I let him do school lunch once a week and he always picks plastic/Italian pizza if it's offered.

Comment

Working...
                              X