Administrator
    • Aug 2010

1) Best Professor/Lecturer you had 2)Favorite Professor/Lecturer you had

1) Allen Ford --> Tax

2) Mark Haug --> Risk Analysis
  • DeutschHistorian
    High Class Wheater
    • Jul 2010

Re: 1) Best Professor/Lecturer you had 2)Favorite Professor/Lecturer you had

John Sweets - European History

Bill Stockton - Western Civ II

Comment

• dominatindj11
      Beast Mode
      • Aug 2010

Jeff Lang - Math 105. Dude was legit.

Comment

• Liljohnny
        Waterboy
        • Aug 2010

Had Haug, Ford and Lang. Remember almost everything from their classes 5 years later. Haug and Ford were hard as balls though, Lang was hilarious. Those would have been my 3, but I would choose Lang because his class didn't take 4 years off of my life like Tax with Ford and Stats with Haug did.

Comment

• gravyshanks
          High Class Wheater
          • Oct 2010

Ted Johnson - Interrelation of Arts and the Humanities FTW

Comment

• GardArmighty
            Pink Floyd Dentist
            • Oct 2010

Clark Bricker - Chem 184/188 The guy was legendary.

Comment

• blackPHOGmoan
              Participant
              • Aug 2010

Mark Joslyn - 3 or 4 of my poli sci classes. Gelled slick back, strapped sandals, cargos, gold chain. He's the Dooley of the Political Science dept.

Comment

• RandytheHelpfulPineapple
                High Class Wheater
                • Aug 2010

1) Ed McBride of the Civil Dept. was the most effective teacher in the School of Engineering by a wide margin.

2) Stanley Lombardo's Greek and Roman Mythology was amazing. Some lectures he would read passages from the assigned reading (he'd even do the voices). It was like getting read bedtime stories about great warriors, monsters and adventure.

2a) Pelle' - He was an Ethiopian Philosophy Grad Student. The guy was totally off the wall, but was one of the most kind and energetic people I've met. It was so much fun just to hear the guy talk and outwit the snarky kids in debate.

Comment

• CStop
                  High Class Wheater
                  • Aug 2010

[quote author=Joe Norris link=topic=2196.msg24619#msg24619 date=1289880150]
                  1) Allen Ford --> Tax

2) Mark Haug --> Risk Analysis
                  [/quote]

Ford was probably the most knowledgeable and biggest hardass I ever had. I respect the guy, but that's about it.

Dennis Karney was one of the best professors I had at KU.

Comment

• blackPHOGmoan
                    Participant
                    • Aug 2010

Ron Prince - The Science of Post Modern Football and The Art of the Bunny Ears

Comment

• KingofCarrotFlowers
                      High Class Wheater
                      • Aug 2010

Ron Francisco

Wally Johnson

Comment

• vorsk
                        In the depths of the Slor
                        • Aug 2010

Barry Shank -- American Culture 1876 - present, my single favorite lecture is when he did the history of American music in 80 minutes.

Bob Antonio -- Modern Social Theory, Globalization

Comment

• Hoopo
                          You people
                          • Jul 2010

Best - James Gunn, Fiction Writing I & II
                          Favorite - Dick Wright, Intro to Jazz/Jazz Styles (an enormously overlooked course)/American Popular Song

Comment

• RandytheHelpfulPineapple
                            High Class Wheater
                            • Aug 2010

[quote author=Hoopo link=topic=2196.msg24715#msg24715 date=1289924535]
                            Best - James Gunn, Fiction Writing I & IIFavorite - Dick Wright, Intro to Jazz/Jazz Styles (an enormously overlooked course)/American Popular Song
                            [/quote]

I think I've read some of his work.

Comment

• Hoopo
                              You people
                              • Jul 2010

[quote author=RandytheHelpfulPineapple link=topic=2196.msg24724#msg24724 date=1289925309]
                              [quote author=Hoopo link=topic=2196.msg24715#msg24715 date=1289924535]
                              Best - James Gunn, Fiction Writing I & IIFavorite - Dick Wright, Intro to Jazz/Jazz Styles (an enormously overlooked course)/American Popular Song
                              [/quote]

I think I've read some of his work.
                              [/quote]

The four volume series he edited are the foundation of Science Fiction. He's a fair, if dry, writer himself.

Comment

Working...
                              X