New Engineering Facility On Campus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Engineering Facility On Campus

This is the first I've heard of it-- the article is from last May. It looks like the School of Engineering is doing pretty well for itself. Now if we could just upgrade Eaton so it doesn't look like a middle school from the 60's.

[img width=600 height=450]http://www.engr.ku.edu/images/media/Building_050710_images-1.jpg[/img]

Re: New Engineering Facility On Campus

[quote author=RandytheHelpfulPineapple link=topic=2182.msg24466#msg24466 date=1289847579]
    This is the first I've heard of it-- the article is from last May. It looks like the School of Engineering is doing pretty well for itself. Now if we could just upgrade Learned so it doesn't look like a middle school from the 60's.

[img width=600 height=450]http://www.engr.ku.edu/images/media/Building_050710_images-1.jpg[/img]
    [/quote]

Sorry, had to fix it.

Comment

Crap. Good catch.

Comment

Yeah, Eaton is pretty sweet. It was built too small, though.

Comment

It'd be great to have $200mm to just completely upgrade our Engineering School. It'd instantly make us the best Engineering School within a 300 mile radius.

Comment

Yep, it should be pretty sweet.

I wish someone would donate some money to the School of Architecture so we could get out of the shithole Marvin.

Comment

Will they use some of the leftover cash to give mandatory showers to all the Indian kids in there morning, noon, and night?

Comment

True story-- out in the western most part of the first floor of Learned, there was a Grad student office that had a shower attached. Apparently, one of the Grad students was living there for months, before getting kicked out.

Think about it-- shower, couch, mini-fridge and bathroom down the hall. It's understatement at its finest, but are any of you surprised that an engineering grad student tried to pull that off? I'm not.

Comment

Working...
                X