X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ask For a Raise in 2011

http://money.cnn.com/2010/11/10/pf/j...dex.htm?hpt=T2

Re: Ask For a Raise in 2011

Just had the performance review last week. I pushed for a raise due to the cost of living differential associated with my move last year. I felt really nervous asking for it because of my inexperience, the economy and the amount of time they spent developing me vs. my production levels. I trust my boss, so I felt comfortable in bringing it up.

We'll see what happens-- you'll always get nothing if you never ask.

Comment

I'll give Brownback a call this afternoon and see what he has to say.

Comment

My husband just got his first raise in over 5 yeas a few weeks ago, despite taking on additional responsibility, a bigger travel load, and a move to an area with a much higher cost of living in that time. It was a nice raise - 16% - but it doesn't even come close to putting us where we were financially 5 years ago.

Comment

[quote author=samandbendrivemetodrink link=topic=2168.msg24486#msg24486 date=1289851767]
          My husband just got his first raise in over 5 yeas a few weeks ago, despite taking on additional responsibility, a bigger travel load, and a move to an area with a much higher cost of living in that time. It was a nice raise - 16% - but it doesn't even come close to putting us where we were financially 5 years ago.
          [/quote]

That calls for a celebration! Call the sitter-- we're going to Applebee's!

Comment

[quote author=RandytheHelpfulPineapple link=topic=2168.msg24493#msg24493 date=1289852591]
            [quote author=samandbendrivemetodrink link=topic=2168.msg24486#msg24486 date=1289851767]
            [/quote]

That calls for a celebration! Call the sitter-- we're going to Applebee's!
            [/quote]

C'mon, Randy! You know we can't afford Applebee's....we have a new tv to buy.

Comment

Working...
            X