Bison Meat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bison Meat

Any fans here? I jump at any opportunity to eat a Bison burger or steak. I was thinking of grabbing some from an online vendor-- any suggestions? I was thinking of going local with this Minnesota vendor.

Re: Bison Meat

Bison is.

I love Bison

Comment

I love bison too, and really appreciate that it's readily available in grocery stores here in CO.

Comment

if you can get a good deal and have a way to freeze, you'll be making the best chili all winter long. I've had steaks prepared out in the world, but never done it on my own. I bet the chit is lean as a motherfucker.

Comment

I pronounce it bi-SONN.

Makes good burgers and chili. Better than beef, imo, but still overpriced in most markets.

Comment

[quote author=gravyshanks link=topic=2132.msg23884#msg23884 date=1289600984]
            if you can get a good deal and have a way to freeze, you'll be making the best chili all winter long. I've had steaks prepared out in the world, but never done it on my own. I bet the chit is lean as a motherfucker.
            [/quote]

It's way lean....depending on the cut, it can be leaner than a chicken breast. We used to eat it all the time when we lived in Colorado. We still eat it from time to time, but it's more expensive here. You have to be careful not too cook it too long...it isn't as forgiving as beef.

Comment

Go big or go home.

Edit: Now THIS is what I'm talking about.

Comment

$7 / pound is pricier than WholeFoods. but I bet it tastes like goodness.

Comment

[img width=600 height=359]http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af55/RTHPineapple/IMAGE_140.jpg[/img]

I found it at my local high-end grocer. It was $12.99 for 24 oz worth of burger.

[img width=359 height=600]http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af55/RTHPineapple/IMAGE_141.jpg[/img]

The result! That's a bison burger on whole wheat, grilled sweet onion, colby cheese, a fried egg and sweet apple bbq sauce. Even with all those distractions, you could taste the bison loud and clear. I'm never buying beef again.

Comment

Working...
                  X