Gifted???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gifted???

The shit is so deep on Phog you can’t even walk. Let’s see…

How does one go from being ‘gifted’ to racking up a ton of debt paying 20+% interest at a young age?

Re: Gifted???

[quote author=Pro-tits link=topic=2113.msg23649#msg23649 date=1289516309]

How does one go from being ‘gifted’ to racking up a ton of debt paying 20+% interest at a young age?
    [/quote]

Explain the context?

Some really intelligent people struggle with compulsive disorders-- chronic shopping/spending is no different. Plus, it doesn't help that the credit card companies prey on 18 year olds with credit card apps.

Comment

[quote author=Pro-tits link=topic=2113.msg23649#msg23649 date=1289516309]

[/quote]

Many posters are claiming to have been in ‘gifted’ programs as kids, and not the posters you might expect.

Comment

Gifted programs are so diluted these days, that it is laughable. There were a lot of kids in my advanced classes that didn't belong there, but they had micromanaging parents that forced them in there.

Comment

[quote author=RandytheHelpfulPineapple link=topic=2113.msg23663#msg23663 date=1289517514]
          Gifted programs are so diluted these days, that it is laughable. There were a lot of kids in my advanced classes that didn't belong there, but they had micromanaging parents that forced them in there.
          [/quote]

That’s true. I think the chick with the highest GPA at my high school got a 17 on the ACT, but then got married to a rich guy and popped out 4 kids. But overall, the smart kids in school seemed to do very well in life while the dumb kids and some dumb jocks failed.

Comment

I was one of those kids where gifted class was a haven, hell I went to smart kids camp and it was nothing but a positive experience for me. I'm a big nerd, classes during the summer? Sign me up.

This idea that getting labeled gifted ruins kids is bs, it's the parents.

Comment

I used to shove "gifted" kids into their lockers. Elitist pricks needed what was coming to them.

Comment

For the record, Protist is talking about me.

Comment

Oh, and the "ton of debt" is a few thousand dollars (read: < $3,000). The higher interest came about because I missed several payments when I was laid off. If you have other questions, let me know.

Comment

Working...
                  X