I think it's disingenuous...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think it's disingenuous...

... to start an identical thread here and on the Phog. It's like ordering the same flower arrangement for the wife and the mistress.

Exceptions: PSAs (ie "thank a veteran" or "Give Money for Katrina Victims" or some such)

Anyone else feel the same way, or am I getting my panties in a bunch over nothing?

Re: I think it's disingenuous...

I agree.

We came here to not be like the Phog. Then we mimic the Phog. Only with cussing allowed.

Comment

You're mean.

Comment

I agree somewhat. Obviously there are things you will post here and not there, but if we want to truly migrate and not just be a different "room" on phog, need to have more exclusive content. Otherwise this place ends up just being a "safe room"

Comment

See, I was going to put my much anticipated review of COD BO on the Phog thread as well, but decided as a favor to management and to help drive eyeballs to this site, I'd keep it as a WtW exclusive.

I expect many WtW points for my efforts.

Comment

[quote author=illinijhawk link=topic=2081.msg23356#msg23356 date=1289424729]
            See, I was going to put my much anticipated review of COD BO on the Phog thread as well, but decided as a favor to management and to help drive eyeballs to this site, I'd keep it as a WtW exclusive.

I expect many WtW points for my efforts.
            [/quote]

They are called "Wheat Points" you noob.

Comment

This is like an Ape Room with cussing, whoever said that.

I think a lot of people here like this site, but for some reason they still want to look important on Phog so they start more threads there and post there.

It seems to me like “creative” people wouldn’t need to copy shit over here all the time.

Comment

Good points everyone. I'm going to start this thread over at the Ape Room and see what they say.

Comment

At some point, a clean brake from the phog may be required. How about now?

Comment

[quote author=Hüpshüter link=topic=2081.msg23389#msg23389 date=1289431091]
                    Good points everyone. I'm going to start this thread over at the Ape Room and see what they say.
                    [/quote]

Unlike here, they'll ban you over there

Comment

People can do what they want. That's kind of the motto over here.

Comment

If you're still even clicking on Phog.net you can eat my fuck.

Comment

[quote author=Hoopo link=topic=2081.msg23498#msg23498 date=1289491265]
                          If you're still even clicking on Phog.net you can eat my fuck.
                          [/quote]

I guess I'll eat your fuck?

fwiw, I don't go to the Ape Room nearly as much, however I still visit the sports forums all the time. As much as I love this place, it can't compete with phog for that. I won't apologize...if it weren't for the hoops board, I wouldn't have known my XBOX is already set up to stream all of KU's games to my tv through ESPN3.

Comment

The hoops and gridiron boards have been cesspools of negativity for years, drawing the trolls that used to inhabit the LJW forums.

But, by all means, enjoy yourself in that garbage. Tom can use all the clicks he can get these days.

Comment

Working...
                            X