ATO: SRS Bizness Here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATO: SRS Bizness Here!

So I have never owned a gaming system. This would be my first purchase (I'm ghey, I know). Almost impulse bought one today, but figured I better get some advice from my dear friends at WtW.

More Information
    I already have a Blu Ray player that is Wifi and streams Netflix.
    I am really just looking to play some online FPS type games.
    I have no idea what other systems my friends have.

Re: ATO: SRS Bizness Here!

PS3

Comment

Get the Xbox 360 250GB Holiday Bundle if you can find it, has Forza and Alan Wake for free.

If you can't, still get the 250GB Xbox. That will give you enough room to install games to the HDD which is really nice.

Comment

I have a PS3 and love it. That being said, if you already have a Blu-Ray player w/ Netflix, grab the X-Box. It has a much better online gaming community and you can get ESPN 3 through it.

Comment

I'd say when you remove netflix and bluray from the equation, I don't know why you'd get the ps3

I have both, and I like both, but if I had to choose one for gaming, it'd be the xbox hands down...live costs, but online play is much better

ALSO--->ESPN3 Streaming

4gb hard drive is for girls, either system

modify: well, Randy pretty much said everything I did

Comment

The great online community with the 360 is a BIT double edged as you have to pay for XBL Gold every year. I think that you totally get your moneys worth, but some people like to complain about it.

Comment

Well I have decided to let the Oread decide. Let the votes be cast!

Comment

I've never played the XBox online so take this for what its worth (almost nothing). I'm kind of a Playstation guy. I'd go with the PS3.

Comment

I've never played a 360, but I have a PS3 and really like it.

Comment

I think the biggest knock on the Xbox (RRoD) has been corrected on the new xbox...could be wrong, but i believe I've read that somewhere

PS3 is an awesome machine and I'm sure it has advantages (outside of blu-ray) over the xbox, but I think the same can be said both ways

Also, microsoft finally added the freaking integrated wireless (four years too late) so that's a HUGE positive...oh yeah...and the whole HDMI thing...there were some epic fails on the launch console (I'm not too big of a fanboy to admit that), but they've finally got around to upgrading those flaws and I think it's made a huge difference

I'm going to get kinect when I save up some extra $$$ because I think it has some cool capabilities....and I'm a nerd

Comment

[quote author=Joe Norris link=topic=2053.msg22957#msg22957 date=1289325207]
                      I think the biggest knock on the Xbox (RRoD) has been corrected on the new xbox...could be wrong, but i believe I've read that somewhere

PS3 is an awesome machine and I'm sure it has advantages (outside of blu-ray) over the xbox, but I think the same can be said both ways

Also, microsoft finally added the freaking integrated wireless (four years too late) so that's a HUGE positive...oh yeah...and the whole HDMI thing...there were some epic fails on the launch console (I'm not too big of a fanboy to admit that), but they've finally got around to upgrading those flaws and I think it's made a huge difference

I'm going to get kinect when I save up some extra $$$ because I think it has some cool capabilities....and I'm a girl

[/quote]

FYP

Comment

I'm not a gamer and have no idea but it seemed like a good time to pad my post count.

Comment

[quote author=Geezer link=topic=2053.msg22962#msg22962 date=1289325429]
                          I'm not a gamer and have no idea but it seemed like a good time to pad my post count.
                          [/quote]

I guess I'm a geezer as well since I've had zero interest in video games since the days of plunking quarters into machines at Le Mans.

Comment

So far looking at this, it seems the PS3 has 8 votes split between the HD sizes. Looking like thats the winner. Since the stuff is so damn expensive... what game to buy? I'm a FPS fan.

Comment

Black Ops, its new.

Comment

Working...
                              X