• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call Of Duty: Black Ops

Let's do this thing.

Great Commercial

ZOMG THIS GAME IS BUGGED!

Re: Call Of Duty: Black Ops

I played some last night. It was pretty fun. PS3 gammertag MrPlow8808.

I played the Zombie round with my wife's little brother. We kicked some ass.

Comment

So what did everyone think? I only played for an hour or so last night but so far I like it. Noob-tubing was basically non-existent and the lack of commando fags was especially nice.

Comment

can't really afford it at the moment....so I busted out MW2...just not the same

Comment

[quote author=TheShocker link=topic=2050.msg23212#msg23212 date=1289405505]
          So what did everyone think? I only played for an hour or so last night but so far I like it. Noob-tubing was basically non-existent and the lack of commando fags was especially nice.
          [/quote]

I haven't seen any noob tubers at all in the few hours I played. Also the invincible snipers have shut down. I like it. The only problem I have is that it seems that I require about 4 times the bullets to kill someone that they require to dispatch me.

What I like is that the noob tubers only get two rounds per life so they can't use scavenger to keep reloading the endless supply rounds and be gigantic pussies.

Comment

[quote author=Jhawk2001 link=topic=2050.msg23218#msg23218 date=1289406420]
            I haven't seen any noob tubers at all in the few hours I played. Also the invincible snipers have shut down. I like it. The only problem I have is that it seems that I require about 4 times the bullets to kill someone that they require to dispatch me.

What I like is that the noob tubers only get two rounds per life so they can't use scavenger to keep reloading the endless supply rounds and be gigantic pussies.
            [/quote]

Scavenger doesn't replenish the noob tubes anymore? Nice!

I played against one noob tuber last night but it seems like they are significantly weaker than MW2 so that's a plus. And I can't fully express just how much I fucking hated Commando. Removing that perk alone makes this game's multiplayer better than MW2 imo. Also, I like that there is no Stopping Power perk. I always felt like I had to use Stopping Power in MW2 because everyone else was using it.

Comment

It seems like the weapons are balanced better overall across the board. I kind of like having the ability to buy attachments according to what I want to use rather than being forced to level up through the course of the game. It will change my gameplay a lot. I used to play to unlock every aspect of the weapon and beat all the challenges for a particular weapon in MW2 before moving on to another weapon. That strategy killed my Kill-Death ratio. Black Ops seems geared for gameplay. I need to improve my ability to not just run and gun, and actually try to use some tactics. My K-D-R is around .60. I'm going to have to get it up a lot.

I haven't played the campaign at all yet.

Comment

Comment

Which one of you is this?
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV01n...yer_embedded#!

Comment

[quote author=Hüpshüter link=topic=2050.msg23233#msg23233 date=1289408931]

[/quote]

You owe me royalties asshole.

Comment

[quote author=Hüpshüter link=topic=2050.msg23234#msg23234 date=1289409085]
                      Which one of you is this?
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV01n...yer_embedded#!
                      [/quote]

It took me forever to shave like that. Also those damn :tanno: packed the zapper too well.

Comment

I love being able to buy the attachments rather than cycle through stuff I never used; sights in particular, I'm a big fan of silencer and iron sights.

Love playing for about three hours last night and can only remember getting tubed a few times . . . same with randomly thrown nades, generally not a problem.

Love that on several occasions I'd turn a corner and be close to an enemy who would immediately revert to his MW2 ways and lunge at me while I put three rounds in his head, and he'd actually fall on the ground rather than knife me in the face.

Love that I didn't get quick/no scoped a single time.

Love not seeing anyone run around with an ancient shotgun in each hand blasting everyone.

Love that objective based games truly reward the player for going for the objective and the maps seem to prevent camping while still providing some good spots for snipers to do their thing.

Didn't like the graphics as much as MW2

Didn't care for the lag, but I'm sure that has a lot to do with the sheer numbers on line all at once.

The remote control car I could have done without, it got annoying. I think it's a pretty cool concept and fun, but to me it was a "replacement" for the predator missile and should have been a higher KS reward. Having it at 3 ensured virtually everybody equipped it leading to cars racing all over the place.

Comment

so, is it worth a purchase?

Comment

[quote author=illinijhawk link=topic=2050.msg23258#msg23258 date=1289413619]
                            I love being able to buy the attachments rather than cycle through stuff I never used; sights in particular, I'm a big fan of silencer and iron sights.

Love playing for about three hours last night and can only remember getting tubed a few times . . . same with randomly thrown nades, generally not a problem.

Love that on several occasions I'd turn a corner and be close to an enemy who would immediately revert to his MW2 ways and lunge at me while I put three rounds in his head, and he'd actually fall on the ground rather than knife me in the face.

Love that I didn't get quick/no scoped a single time.

Love not seeing anyone run around with an ancient shotgun in each hand blasting everyone.

Love that objective based games truly reward the player for going for the objective and the maps seem to prevent camping while still providing some good spots for snipers to do their thing.

Didn't like the graphics as much as MW2

Didn't care for the lag, but I'm sure that has a lot to do with the sheer numbers on line all at once.

The remote control car I could have done without, it got annoying. I think it's a pretty cool concept and fun, but to me it was a "replacement" for the predator missile and should have been a higher KS reward. Having it at 3 ensured virtually everybody equipped it leading to cars racing all over the place.
                            [/quote]

+1. I think the online game play is less irritating than the former game. The graphics aren't the best, but I can live with them. If it's about gameplay, then they really don't matter anyway. Getting rid of the 1886 akimbo shotgun with the range of a rifle is a plus.

There were either campers, nearly invincible quick scope snipers, or guys who could knife from across the room.

I figure there will be other game play elements that drive me nuts, but it is a breath of fresh air.

The R/C car bombs are pretty easy to shoot and seem less random and lethal than a predator missile.

It was convenient being able to have a shotgun as a secondary weapon, but it allowed people to be loaded way to lethally. I am glad it is back as a primary weapon.

Comment

Call Of Duty: Black Ops

Ok..... Got a PS3.... Playing Black Ops. I suck. I'm TheICThawk

Comment

Working...
                              X