Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last house on the left

Watched the original last night

that movie is effed up...need to see the remake now cause I've heard it's way more messed up

Re: Last house on the left

[quote author=Joe Norris link=topic=2017.msg22472#msg22472 date=1289146924]
    Watched the original last night

that movie is effed up...need to see the remake now cause I've heard it's way more messed up
    [/quote]

what?

Its a lot more watered down....beleive me (the remake is)

Comment

Oh, I see.

Well then perhaps I will avoid it....it's not an instant watch so I don't want to put in the effort of getting the disc if that's the case

Comment

Yeah, the Original is a lot more brutal than the remake. They tweaked the new one a little bit. The new one is messed up, but nowhere near as brutal as the original.

Comment

The story behind that film is pretty unreal. Craven had a shoestring budget, and he was pretty close to not being able to make that movie if things didn't fall the right way. One of the final scenes, where the mom kills the female accomplice, had to be done in one take because Wes didn't have any money to do another one.

The main bad guy, David Hess, became a pretty notorious movie bad guy for a while afterwards.

EDIT TO ADD: David Hess also wrote the soundtrack and sang in the movie, adding to the creepiness.-

Comment

Wasn't the original goal of the film to be a ridiculously violent X rated movie?

Comment

I think you are confusing it with I Spit On Your Grave.

Comment

Working...
              X