12 Pounds of Brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 Pounds of Brisket

The lady brought this home last night....what should we do with it?

[img width=600 height=450]http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg144/dkitchku/2010-11-03202226.jpg?t=1288904697[/img]

Re: 12 Pounds of Brisket

Like the Beastie Boys once said -

Slow and Low

Comment

Cook it at low temp. If a smoker is available use it. If not use the oven and a brine with maybe a liquid smoke. Low temp cooked slow.

If you have a slow cooker big enough that would work.

Comment

all 12 pounds at once? we were thinking about breaking it up and doing it a number of ways

Comment

just did a crock pot brisket yesterday. Cut a three or 4 pound chunk off and throw it in a crockpot with half a dr. pepper or so and 1/2 bottle of honey bbq sauce ( I like Sweet Baby Rays) and some KC style sauce. Cooks for 6-8 hours. Brine or marinate the rest and smoke it.

And don't go using the liquid smoke. it's a poor substitute and overpowers the meat.

Comment

wow that sounds delicious

007 also provided this recipe that sounds good too....I don't know if we'll have access to a smoker so we may do some in the oven

Comment

mine is more like BBQ sandwich stuff. Good for a weekend of eating. You can throw it in tomorrow before work and it will be ready when you get back.

[quote author=Joe Norris link=topic=1942.msg21776#msg21776 date=1288906900]
              wow that sounds delicious

007 also provided this recipe that sounds good too....I don't know if we'll have access to a smoker so we may do some in the oven
              [/quote]

Comment

good news...I'm off tomorrow, so I can stay home and smell it all day

Comment

[quote author=Joe Norris link=topic=1942.msg21778#msg21778 date=1288907230]
                  good news...I'm off tomorrow, so I can stay home and smell it all day
                  [/quote]

ustream yourself watching it cook. Submit as performance art.

Comment

[quote author=sweaterbydarwin link=topic=1942.msg21775#msg21775 date=1288906383]
                    just did a crock pot brisket yesterday. Cut a three or 4 pound chunk off and throw it in a crockpot with half a dr. pepper or so and 1/2 bottle of honey bbq sauce ( I like Sweet Baby Rays) and some KC style sauce. Cooks for 6-8 hours. Brine or marinate the rest and smoke it.

And don't go using the liquid smoke. it's a poor substitute and overpowers the meat.
                    [/quote]

Yes, I re read my post and its confusing. If you use liquid smoke, use very little.

Comment

You got a lot of meat

Comment

Game on...wanted to get it in a little bit earlier but I slept in and got it going around 8

[img width=600 height=450]http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg144/dkitchku/2010-11-05084951.jpg?t=1288965485[/img]

Comment

any liquid in there?

[quote author=Joe Norris link=topic=1942.msg21876#msg21876 date=1288965622]
                          Game on...wanted to get it in a little bit earlier but I slept in and got it going around 8

[img width=600 height=450]http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg144/dkitchku/2010-11-05084951.jpg?t=1288965485[/img]
                          [/quote]

Comment

Got worcestire in at the moment (per the lady's request)...wasn't sure what else to add with that....

modify to add-->I'm down with going to the store...suggestions are quite welcome

Comment

You and your lady are going to eat like cavemen for days. Not a bad thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X