• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the term "negro" offensive?

Re: Is the term "negro" offensive?

Not to me....but then again....I'm not offended by anything

Comment

Try using it in Hillside, west of WSU, sometime. Enjoy!

Comment

TheSpangler was banned from phog and an entire thread was deleted because TheSpangler used the word "negro" one time. I know you guys bitch about that place all the time but wow, they've really taken the ridiculous censorship to the next level.

RIP TheSpangler. You had potential but your life was ended much too soon.

Comment

Meh, they probably knew you were a sock....they're on defense right now

Comment

The Spangler should have been a little more careful with his beginning posts so as not to out himself as a sock.

Comment

[quote author=Jhawk2001 link=topic=1893.msg21139#msg21139 date=1288720165]
              The Spangler should have been a little more careful with his beginning posts so as not to out himself as a sock.
              [/quote]

Meh, I thought about it but decided that would be boring. TheSpangler did tone himself down quite a bit though but apparently it wasn't enough.

Comment

I have a black friend who only uses negro. Never black or African-American, only negro. It's weird.

Comment

In the same vein...is "queer" offensive?

Comment

It's such an out of touch term, that it is almost laughable. I still wouldn't say it in public, though.

Comment

I had a boss that was dumb as a door knob....well she was trying to be all classy and tell me who all the elites were that were at this dinner

"that over there is blah blah blah.....oh and this 'colored' gentleman over here is blah blah blah"

I just stopped in disbelief....glad he was out of earshot

Comment

I've always found Spanish to be an offensive language. Learn English! Moran!

Comment

[quote author=TheShocker link=topic=1893.msg21142#msg21142 date=1288720457]
                          [/quote]

Meh, I thought about it but decided that would be boring. TheSpangler did tone himself down quite a bit though but apparently it wasn't enough.
                          [/quote]

You could have had an awesome avatar.

Comment

[quote author=Jhawk2001 link=topic=1893.msg21158#msg21158 date=1288723093]
                            [quote author=TheShocker link=topic=1893.msg21142#msg21142 date=1288720457]
                            [/quote]

[/quote]

You could have had an awesome avatar.
                            [/quote]

That's actually close to the one that TheSpangler was using:

Comment

Depends on the context, I guess. If you are referring to "Negro Spirituals" in the historical context, then it's nothing at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X