AMO: iPhone Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMO: iPhone Help

HELP! I am without phone. Late last night I noticed that the "home" button on my 3G wasn't working. To turn it from sleep mode, I had to hit the top button (not sure what that button is called). The problem with that is that in order to jump from function to function, I have to completely power off the phone and reboot it. This is obviously a huge pain in the ass.

To make matters worse, I just realized that I can't charge the phone. It is now dead. For some reason, the sensor in the charge button at the bottom isn't picking anything up.

I have an appt. at the Genius Bar later tonight. Am I totally fucked? I don't remember it happening but there is a good chance that I dropped my phone last night (shocking). I think I must have screwed something up with the entire bottom of the phone since both the home and charge sensor aren't working.

Any thoughts? Are the "geniuses" going to be able to help me or am I going to have to buy a new phone?

Re: AMO: iPhone Help

Sounds like hardware is failing.

Did you drop it in water?

How long ago did you buy?

Unless you have Apple Care on it you are probably out of warranty and you'll have to get a new phone.

Comment

I consider any trip to the apple store being "totally f()cked"

They use the term "genius" lightly

Comment

I didn't drop it in water but my husband said he was pretty sure I dropped it getting out of the car last night.

I got it 18 months ago.

I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I'll be getting a new phone. My husband is not going to be happy about this given it happened during drunkeness. I'll be paying my pennance for some time to come....ugh.

Comment

Weird. It's working all of the sudden again. Damn....just when I got all excited about getting a new phone tonight.

Comment

Answer: Ditch AT&T, Ditch the iPhone

Comment

Working...
            X