Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pkg alcohol sales on Sunday in your area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pkg alcohol sales on Sunday in your area?

I'm about as conservative as one can get on most topics, but I've never understood the restriction of alcohol sales on Sunday in some states. I'm of course in KY and you can't buy package beer or liquor on Sundays. Not a huge inconvenience by any means, just GD silly in my opinion. The wife was on the way home from a girls weekend trip with her Mom and Sis and was gonna stop at a place on the way that sells beer dirt cheap and pick up a couple 30s until she realized it's Sunday.

Do the have these archaic laws where you guys are?

Re: Pkg alcohol sales on Sunday in your area?

no alcohol sales on Sunday in GA either

Comment

They have booze sales on Sunday back in Olathe, KS. They don't where I live now in Conway, AR. Mainly because it's still a dry county. Which is slowly changing (resteraunts in Conway can get liquor licenses).

TDH, Kansas was a no Sunday sale state. I think it still is but the cities found loopholes and began voting it in at the city level. Maybe some smart lawyer types on here can give you more details so you. With that knowledge maybe you can start some change in your area.

Comment

Minnesota.

No sunday. No after 9pm. No 30 packs, just 24. All bullshit.

Comment

[quote author=dominatindj11 link=topic=1850.msg20492#msg20492 date=1288540551]
          Minnesota.

[/quote]

WTF???

We went to Syracuse for the regional finals last year and stopped at a WalMart in the wee hours of the morning after arriving. Beer was sitting out on the shelves in plain sight so we grabbed a couple cases, but on our way to the register a manager-type informed us there were no beer sales after 2:00 A.M. I asked the guy if he was joking and he got kinda snippy and said no. We promptly sit our beer down in the middle of the aisle in front of him and left.

Comment

As I embarked for the chiefs game last weekend, I stopped at a gas station to get some beer. They wouldn't sell it to me until 9 am. What a fucking law. I went to a different one and the old woman just rang it in as a miscellaneous sale and let me have it. She's obviously a smart business woman as I told the rest of the people in my group needing to get beer before we left which one and they all went there as well.

Comment

California - No liquor sales 2am to 6am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...tates_by_state

Comment

North Carolina - no alcohol until noon on Sundays. So stupid. Also, all liquor is sold at state-regulated ABC Stores.

The county south of me (by about .5 miles) doesn't allow any booze sold in grocery stores at all.

However, in the Outer Banks, they have Brew Thru's, which are the shit.

Comment

Anti-German discrimination and puritanical BS.

Comment

Washington State --- No liquor sales from 2am - 6am. Most liquor stores are open from noon to 5pm on Sundays. But that's just for the hard stuff. The grocery stores carry wine and real beer and you can buy that at any time (with the exception of between 2am - 6am). It was odd to me when we moved here a few years ago that you went to the grocery store to buy wine rather than the liquor store.

Comment

[quote author=thedeerehunter link=topic=1850.msg20496#msg20496 date=1288541257]
                      [quote author=dominatindj11 link=topic=1850.msg20492#msg20492 date=1288540551]
                      Minnesota.

[/quote]

WTF???

We went to Syracuse for the regional finals last year and stopped at a WalMart in the wee hours of the morning after arriving. Beer was sitting out on the shelves in plain sight so we grabbed a couple cases, but on our way to the register a manager-type informed us there were no beer sales after 2:00 A.M. I asked the guy if he was joking and he got kinda snippy and said no. We promptly sit our beer down in the middle of the aisle in front of him and left.
                      [/quote]

Yep. And not only that....nothing at any place other than liquor stores. Grocery stores....gas stations...nope. Only liquor stores. So fucking stupid.

Comment

[quote author=BPNphog link=topic=1850.msg20502#msg20502 date=1288542794]
                        California - No liquor sales 2am to 6am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...tates_by_state
                        [/quote]

Same for Florida. You can buy wine and strong beer (and cider, wine coolers, all that shit) at grocery stores, which is unbelievably convenient and I don't know how I lived for 25 years of my drinking career without that necessity. Grocery stores have COUPONS for booze, and two-for-one wine sales without the wine price being jacked up to make the "sale" irrelevant.

It's nice to leave work after midnight on a Sunday, stop by the all night supermarket and buy some good beer. If your state does not allow this, you should move.

Comment

No sales on sunday, no refrigerated trucks in the state I believe

Oklahoma

Comment

[quote author=Joe Norris link=topic=1850.msg20592#msg20592 date=1288613965]
                            No sales on sunday, no refrigerated trucks in the state I believe

Oklahoma
                            [/quote]

I live in MN. As dom was saying-- they have fubar laws. That said, I hated Oklahoma's laws sooooo much more. Going into a shop and not having cold beer ready to go is a crime.

Comment

I should also add that in California you can buy every type of alcohol at the supermarket. The local Safeway rivals Costco for cheap prices on whiskey and vodka - they also have a fairly decent wine selection (3 entire isles).

Comment

Working...
                              X