Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do we need to start a "keep WTW from crashing" fund?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we need to start a "keep WTW from crashing" fund?

what happened?
    Run out of bandwidth? Did the intertubes get clogged? FOrgot to update your registration?

Huh? What happened?

Comment

We reached our daily number of executions limit. It's bandwidth-esque.

Frankly, there's not really much that I can do about it that I know of.

Comment

So we can't pitch in a buy a higher daily limit?

Comment

Originally posted by Jhawkz5 View Post
          We reached our daily number of executions limit. It's bandwidth-esque.

Frankly, there's not really much that I can do about it that I know of.
          We do executions here? Do you take requests? What we need to do to up the limit? Can't have this hit us right before game day chat.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderHawk View Post
            So we can't pitch in a buy a higher daily limit?

Sure, our hosting site conveniently suggests a $120/month subscription.

Comment

I'm sure there's optimization that can be done, but as I've said before. I'm not a web dev and I don't really have any desire to try to play one.

Comment

Sure, our hosting site conveniently suggests a $120/month subscription.
                What's the place cost now? I frequent a Raider board that uses this software and it's funded by voluntary paid memberships.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderHawk View Post
                  What's the place cost now? I frequent a Raider board that uses this software and it's funded by voluntary paid memberships.

I pay about 15/month. Couple of other admins will kick in cash every so often.

Upping the subscription sounds like a great idea in theory - but I don't really want to do that because we've seen influx of users before and all but one or two eventually end up leaving. I'm not too keen on being at the wrong end of the tab when that happens.

Comment

One thing I'm going to try is not allowing image uploads - I assume most of you are just pasting image url's in regardless but it's an idea to hopefully cut down on some resources being used.

So if you were uploading a shit ton of images and I notice that there's a large drop in bandwidth usage - I will out you publicly and you will be tarred and feathered and forced to do a shame walk throughout the streets of the wheat.

Comment

What if you got rid of images or gifs in signatures, like yours? I am not website savvy, so I have no idea if that would be helpful or not.

Comment

Originally posted by CousinMethie View Post
                        What if you got rid of images or gifs in signatures, like yours? I am not website savvy, so I have no idea if that would be helpful or not.

Normal users don't get gifs in their sig so it's not a huge burden on the site. I'm just too lazy to turn off the "Allow .gif in signatures" for the admin usergroup

Comment

One thing I'm going to try is not allowing image uploads - I assume most of you are just pasting image url's in regardless but it's an idea to hopefully cut down on some resources being used.

So if you were uploading a shit ton of images and I notice that there's a large drop in bandwidth usage - I will out you publicly and you will be tarred and feathered and forced to do a shame walk throughout the streets of the wheat.
                          giphy.jpg
                          Attached Files

Comment

well that went well

Comment

Sorry I didn't disable uploading attachments for the usergroup 'KSU fans'.

It has now been disabled. Good job ruining things for all your tuck friends.

Comment

Working...
                              X