they tell you not to rush the field, don't rush the field

pretty simple, but drunken frat boys can't understand it

people can get hurt or killed rushing the field

Comment

Re: Even though they're POS Mizz fans

I've never been convinced MU fans qualify as "people."

Comment

ok...yeah...I get it...but to nab and charge 30 kids out of thousands seems dumb

this happens all over the place

Comment

On one side, I get the complaints. On the other, you have a duty as an institution to place those rules out there in case someone gets hurt because they are on the field. Really, you could probably go forward on these 30 cases and be done with it. People are going to remember those 30 in 5 years. It's not like they died on the field.

Plus, it's mizzou. They might as well get use to being arrested.

Comment

so they tell the students that they will arrest and charge you if you rush the field, students rush the field and they arrest and charge as many as they can haul off, and people bitch? Don't do shit they tell you you will be arrested for...

Comment

It's Missouri, so I don't care.

Comment

so they tell the students that they will arrest and charge you if you rush the field, students rush the field and they arrest and charge as many as they can haul off, and people bitch? Don't do shit they tell you you will be arrested for...
                yeah they tell people at KU not to go on the field and they still do...if this happens at Kansas, I bet you wouldn't be so set in stone on that

Comment

I'm having reading issues. Is there a reason they identify that one dude as a Republican? Is it because it's strange that he isn't pro-fascism police state?

Comment

The University has an obligation to deter an unsafe situation. They're making an example of them. The charges will be kicked down to community service, but the threat of arrest will be in the back of everyone's minds next time.

Comment

I heard today that the charges have been dropped.

People don't realize that a football field and stadium is private property. Your ticket invites you into the stands, not the field. Typically, the way this goes down is that event security lets everyone do their thing, but photographs and films the crowd on the field to identify as many people as possible.

Trespassing is trespassing.

Comment

[quote author=Jayhawker link=topic=1813.msg20067#msg20067 date=1288391231]

People don't realize that a football field and stadium is private property. Your ticket invites you into the stands, not the field. Typically, the way this goes down is that event security lets everyone do their thing, but photographs and films the crowd on the field to identify as many people as possible.

[/quote]

Would you feel the same way if that happened at the GT game?

Comment

yes...we get it...people shouldn't be on the field

but it happens all the time and these people don't generally get arrested...that's why it's ridiculous

Throw Mizz out of the equation...never once have I heard anyone call for the heads of the kids that rush the field at KU

Comment

[quote author=Joe Norris link=topic=1813.msg20071#msg20071 date=1288391829]
                            yes...we get it...people shouldn't be on the field

but it happens all the time and these people don't generally get arrested...that's why it's ridiculous

Throw Mizz out of the equation...never once have I heard anyone call for the heads of the kids that rush the field at KU
                            [/quote]

I'd feel the same way if it was at KU. It wouldn't have stopped me from rushing on for KSU 2004 or NU 2005, but I wouldn't have followed the crowd in for MU 2005 or KSU 2006.

Comment

[quote author=Oobers link=topic=1813.msg20069#msg20069 date=1288391518]
                              [quote author=Jayhawker link=topic=1813.msg20067#msg20067 date=1288391231]

[/quote]

Would you feel the same way if that happened at the GT game?
                              [/quote]

Of course. Trespassing is trespassing. People shouldn't be surprised when they get arrested for breaking the law.

Comment

Working...
                              X