No announcement yet.

TV

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Started Homecoming on Amazon. Julia Roberts plays a case worker at a government facility that helps veterans re-assimilate to civilian society, but there's something nefarious afoot. The way that it's shot is pretty interesting - Unusual angles, long zooms and such. Makes for some good suspense.

Comment

• For some reason season 3 of one of my favorite shows - The Last Kingdom - hit Netflix this morning. I'm not complaining, but it is an interesting choice of days.

Comment

• That was a fantastic season of The Last Kingdom, episode nine in particular. As usual there were some great battle scenes, they do pale compared to the giant cgi spectacles we get in Game of Thrones, but they definitely feel more real for that. I've been delinquent in my reading of the books, because the series has now went beyond what I've read. I have heard that this season did diverge from the books a bit though.

I'm already ready to go back a rewatch it all again.

Comment

• Originally posted by NoPantsChico View Post
          Started Homecoming on Amazon. Julia Roberts plays a case worker at a government facility that helps veterans re-assimilate to civilian society, but there's something nefarious afoot. The way that it's shot is pretty interesting - Unusual angles, long zooms and such. Makes for some good suspense.
          Finished this last night and really enjoyed it. Great mix of mystery and suspense and the technical direction was original and enthralling. Also caught some Hitchcock vibes from particular shots and the music they use. All the episodes are 30 minutes long give or take, which helped keep each individual episode (10 total) from losing the thread, which is where I tend to fall off from a lot of TV dramas.

Comment

Working...
          X