No announcement yet.

TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One week til Supernatural starts back up.

Ash vs Evil Dead started last Sunday.

Comment

They don't tell you where the (real life) designated survivor is located (for obvious reasons), but its doubtful that that person remains in the DC area during things like the State of the Union Address. The designated survivor tradition started during the cold war with the threat of a nuclear attack. Prior to WWII, the idea that a single attack could kill everyone in line to be president wasn't realistic. With the advent of nuclear weapons, it became a possibility. Because of this, it's likely that the real life designated survivor is far enough away that, should a nuclear bomb be detonated above DC, the designated survivor would remain alive and healthy.

Furthermore, the designated survivor changes from time to time. It's not always the same person under a given president. Also, if a Cabinet Member is attending some important world event away from DC during the State of the Union Address (or some similar event when most of the people in line would be attending), that person CANNOT be the designated survivor. The designated survivor's location is always secret, as is their identity at the time.

Comment

Speechless is pretty good and I've always had a thing for Minnie Driver. Westworld is the next good HBO show. I'm all in.

Comment

Originally posted by MissTCShore View Post
          They don't tell you where the (real life) designated survivor is located (for obvious reasons), but its doubtful that that person remains in the DC area during things like the State of the Union Address. The designated survivor tradition started during the cold war with the threat of a nuclear attack. Prior to WWII, the idea that a single attack could kill everyone in line to be president wasn't realistic. With the advent of nuclear weapons, it became a possibility. Because of this, it's likely that the real life designated survivor is far enough away that, should a nuclear bomb be detonated above DC, the designated survivor would remain alive and healthy.

Furthermore, the designated survivor changes from time to time. It's not always the same person under a given president. Also, if a Cabinet Member is attending some important world event away from DC during the State of the Union Address (or some similar event when most of the people in line would be attending), that person CANNOT be the designated survivor. The designated survivor's location is always secret, as is their identity at the time.

So we SHOULDN'T have a TV show telling all foreign countries that Kiefer Sutherland is our designated survivor?

Comment

Originally posted by Jhawkz5 View Post
            So we SHOULDN'T have a TV show telling all foreign countries that Kiefer Sutherland is our designated survivor?
            Actually, we should have one, but it should have someone OTHER THAN the actual designated survivor, just to throw off foreign governments. They could cast Jeff Daniels, for example and keep Kiefer Sutherland in a secret location all the time to keep him safe.

Comment

Anybody else see the premier of "Timeless?" It's a sci-fi time travel show from NBC about a group of people traveling through time chasing criminals/terrorists who want to bring down the USA at some earlier point in time. The pilot was pretty good (I thought). The show has potential.

Comment

So, american horror story has been a bit underwhelming this season...more gruesome than scary, little disappointed, but I'll keep watching

I'm embarrassed to admit it, but my sister got me on Empire, so I watch that...it's good for a crappy drama, there is some good music in there

I wish I could find someone else that liked new girl...I know zooey scares people off (I like her) she's got big tits this season (had a baby) and the guys are absolutely hilarious

Shameless started up last sunday and I still watch that one, just continues to get more and more ridiculous, frank is the worst piece of shit out there

brooklyn nine nine is funny, but this season has just been meh...I like andy samberg, but he's the worst part about that show, despite being the star

I think walking dead starts up this month...I still hate-watch that one....hmmmm, what else

Comment

i actually like new girl too, but zooey is the worst main character on the show

and i think b99 will get back to normal after the florida episodes

i've heard conflicting opinions, is the good place decent?

Comment

not seen or heard of it...

I've been watching better things on FX with Pamela Adlon...it's got it's moments..pushing through cause I like Louis C.K. and he wrote it....I like Pamela Adlon as well

Atlanta is good too, maybe it's cause I'm a DonGlover mark, but despite it's pace, I really like it

Comment

it's the show with filmfanatic's girl, kristen bell. It's on nbc and from the same guy who made the office, parks and rec and b99

Comment

oooooh, I do have that on plex...I'll have to check it out...I haven't watched yet

Comment

The Good Place is... good.

Comment

Anyone checked out Easy on Netflix? I've enjoyed most of it.

Comment

Been watching Quickdraw on Hulu. Very funny.

Comment

Originally posted by NoPantsChico View Post
                                The Good Place is... good.

Cause it's got K Bell.

Comment

Working...
                                X