Comment

• 51734030_1106419522893066_8312800057699074048_n.jpg

Comment

• 51658209_1145724455607378_6829914426401882112_n.jpg

Comment

• It's not a phone booth. It's a "Police Call Box."

Comment

• Originally posted by MissTCShore View Post
            Bunch of shitty breaks and then a bunch of good breaks all lined up perfectly: Danny Trejo was born Dan Trejo in Echo Park, Los Angeles, to Alice (Rivera) and Dan Trejo, a construction worker. A child drug addict and criminal, Trejo was in and out of jail for 11 years. While serving time in San Quentin, he won the lightweight and welterweight boxing titles. Imprisoned for armed robbery and drug offenses, he successfully completed a 12-step rehabilitation program that changed his life. While speaking at a Cocaine Anonymous meeting in 1985, Trejo met a young man who later called him for support. Trejo went to meet him at what turned out to be the set of Runaway Train (1985). Trejo was immediately offered a role as a convict extra, probably because of his tough tattooed appearance. Also on the set was a screenwriter who did time with Trejo in San Quentin. Remembering Trejo's boxing skills, the screenwriter offered him $320 per day to train the actors for a boxing match. Director Andrey Konchalovskiy saw Trejo training Eric Robertsand immediately offered him a featured role as Roberts' opponent in the film. Trejo has subsequently appeared in many other films, usually as a tough criminal or villain.

Comment

• Originally posted by sean View Post

Bunch of shitty breaks and then a bunch of good breaks all lined up perfectly: Danny Trejo was born Dan Trejo in Echo Park, Los Angeles, to Alice (Rivera) and Dan Trejo, a construction worker. A child drug addict and criminal, Trejo was in and out of jail for 11 years. While serving time in San Quentin, he won the lightweight and welterweight boxing titles. Imprisoned for armed robbery and drug offenses, he successfully completed a 12-step rehabilitation program that changed his life. While speaking at a Cocaine Anonymous meeting in 1985, Trejo met a young man who later called him for support. Trejo went to meet him at what turned out to be the set of Runaway Train (1985). Trejo was immediately offered a role as a convict extra, probably because of his tough tattooed appearance. Also on the set was a screenwriter who did time with Trejo in San Quentin. Remembering Trejo's boxing skills, the screenwriter offered him $320 per day to train the actors for a boxing match. Director Andrey Konchalovskiy saw Trejo training Eric Robertsand immediately offered him a featured role as Roberts' opponent in the film. Trejo has subsequently appeared in many other films, usually as a tough criminal or villain.
              Hollywood. Where the scum of society can become revered as a celebrity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lurch22 View Post

Hollywood. Where the scum of society can become revered as a celebrity.
                Or, they can redeem themselves and show that just because you started out on the wrong side, doesn't mean you have to end up there.

Comment

• Can i get a hint on the picture?

Comment

• Originally posted by qwertyu123 View Post
                    Can i get a hint on the picture?
                    Heh. The reason I cut and pasted his bio is that I was trying to figure out if there was some meaning to having his name appear twice. I found nothing. I can't help you.

Comment

• In many news interviews, the person's name is listed and below that some credentials or job description. In this case, the credentials for Danny Trejo is that he is Danny Trejo.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissTCShore View Post
                        In many news interviews, the person's name is listed and below that some credentials or job description. In this case, the credentials for Danny Trejo is that he is Danny Trejo.
                        That's too obvious. qwertyu123 and I need a deeper and more secretive meaning.

Comment

• It's meta AND an anagram.

Comment

• Originally posted by JayhawkLifer View Post

Or, they can redeem themselves and show that just because you started out on the wrong side, doesn't mean you have to end up there.
                            This. I am very impressed with this guy. Saw an interview with him on 60 minutes or something a few years back and said to my wife I cannot imagine what he grew up in, what he saw, what he experienced and how he came out of it alive. Alive and killing it. Shit, I've had every advantage in my life, I'm a straight, white, male; both parents at home, got an undergrad degree for free (had to pay my way for law school) and I feel like I struggle to keep my head above water. This guy had to overcome more than I can imagine and he's a star.

Comment

• This is awesome

Comment

• Originally posted by GardArmighty View Post
                                It's meta AND an anagram.
                                Arizona backwards is still Arizona! It's a palimino!

Comment

Working...
                                X