Employment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employment

How did you end up at your current job? Did you take the first one offered to you? Did a head hunter find you? Did an acquaintance hook you up? If you are unemployed, did you at least have your wife ask for your job back?

I was recruited out of college, but certainly took a shotgun approach in applying to companies. My fall back was to be part of a start-up firm with four full time employees, but I ended up accepting an offer from a Fortune 200 company.

Re: Employment

I worked at an ad agency in Tulsa for a year or so and made some really great connections. One year after I left my mentor from that agency and I started our own agency. Been running for a year now.

I have also gotten every job I've applied for though. I'm just that good. And McDonald's is that desperate!

Comment

I got a call from a guy who had my resume for another job I interviewed at sent to him. He then called me up and offered me a job after a cursory interview. Kind of makes me laugh, he didn't even interview anyone else. What a sucker

The prior job was set up by a friend who worked there and got me hired based on his recommendation.

Comment

ended up there as a temporary stop back to college....worked my way up into management and ended up working at home...

Comment

Started as an intern while I was at KU. Got offered full-time when college was done. Now I own it.

Comment

On my 3rd job since KU. Interviewed at 5 different places out of KU and got 3 offers. Went to Denver and worked for a year. Grad school for two year and then got the next job. Started at the University of Wyoming and stayed there for 2 years. On my 4th year back at KU.

Got my jobs by applying and interviewing.

Comment

I put on my best suit, got on my knees and blew the fucker.

j/k

it wasn't my best suit.

Comment

[quote author=TacoHut link=topic=1707.msg18695#msg18695 date=1288036261]
                I put on my best suit, got on my knees and blew the fucker.

j/k

it wasn't my best suit.
                [/quote]

Of course. Why stain your best suit?

Comment

Interned Christmas break 2008-2009. Worked two days over spring break and recieved job offer on the last day. Started May 21, 2009. Was promoted after 11 months working here.

I love my job.

Comment

I've gotten every job I've ever applied for. +1 through my dad I didn't even have to apply for.

However seeing as though I'm still in school none have been real jobs, all just part time or internships.

Comment

Interned Fall 2005...been here since then.

Comment

I found my current job through Twitter (job is in interactive marketing). My boss and I started @ replying to each other back and forth and I emailed him my resume. I had a few other job options through people I also networked with via Twitter. The job offer was the first to come along and I took it without negotiations because I quit my job and moved without a job, so I was desperate. I wish I had held out for a little more money because I took a cut with this job. But oh well.

Comment

Working...
                        X