HTC HD2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HTC HD2

So I'm curious, anybody on WTW have an HD2 and think it totally sucks nuts? I did for about a week when it came out and then I sold it, as did four other members of my family. Everyone made out like bandits on those suckers who wanted it...

Anyway, 5 months later, a co-worker has it and was telling me he'd like to put Android on it if he could and I told him I could probably do that. So what did I do you might be asking yourselves, well I'll tell you what I did. I went out on Craigslist and got one for cheap to mess around and try it myself, lo and behold, it. is. awesome. You can just boot into different custom rom's automagically and play around and it's almost like having an Evo or a Desire HD. It's a whole different phone, obviously, and while it doesn't match my Vibrant (running Bionix btw, in case Evolve runs custom roms on his) it's still totally awesome and worth the experimentation. I thought that 4" was the most ideal screen size, but this does remind me that 4.3" is nothing to shake a stick at.

I was just curious as to the boards thoughts on this, apart from GTFO l0ser :facepalm... anybody else have interest in such things or is it just me?

Re: HTC HD2

[quote author=babyjaysnuts link=topic=1591.msg17296#msg17296 date=1287175347]
    So I'm curious, anybody on WTW have an HD2 and think it totally sucks nuts? I did for about a week when it came out and then I sold it, as did four other members of my family. Everyone made out like bandits on those suckers who wanted it...

Anyway, 5 months later, a co-worker has it and was telling me he'd like to put Android on it if he could and I told him I could probably do that. So what did I do you might be asking yourselves, well I'll tell you what I did. I went out on Craigslist and got one for cheap to mess around and try it myself, lo and behold, it. is. awesome. You can just boot into different custom rom's automagically and play around and it's almost like having an Evo or a Desire HD. It's a whole different phone, obviously, and while it doesn't match my Vibrant (running Bionix btw, in case Evolve runs custom roms on his) it's still totally awesome and worth the experimentation. I thought that 4" was the most ideal screen size, but this does remind me that 4.3" is nothing to shake a stick at.

I was just curious as to the boards thoughts on this, apart from GTFO l0ser :facepalm... anybody else have interest in such things or is it just me?
    [/quote]

it's amazing how CHEAPLY people give away HD2's...and how awesome that phone is running Android....

I was running Bionix 1.8 the other day, but I went back to stock and just made modifications of my own on the Vibrant

there's a few bugs with Bionix that I don't like and annoy me

Comment

you follow XDA Developers action right?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=708

Comment

[quote author=Evolvehawk link=topic=1591.msg17325#msg17325 date=1287258748]

[/quote]

Oh yeah, I'm on there all the time, I also follow the android development for the hd2, but I'm waiting for cyanogen to come out on the vibrant. Tho I like bionix 1.9.1, it's incredible what these guys can do.

Comment

[quote author=babyjaysnuts link=topic=1591.msg17345#msg17345 date=1287364036]

[/quote]

Oh yeah, I'm on there all the time, I also follow the android development for the hd2, but I'm waiting for cyanogen to come out on the vibrant. Tho I like bionix 1.9.1, it's incredible what these guys can do.
          [/quote]

All I heard was "BLAH BLAH BLAH I'm a dirty tramp"

Comment

[/quote]

[/quote]

Wes parked development on the Vibrant because of kernel issues....basically, Cyanogen isn't going to be on the Vibrant until stock 2.2 is released for the vibrant and source code for the kernel is released by Samsung. They had been aiming for 6.1 release hitting the Vibrant, but it's not happening now.

Comment

Re: Re: HTC HD2

[quote author=Evolvehawk link=topic=1591.msg17357#msg17357 date=1287381053]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Wes parked development on the Vibrant because of kernel issues....basically, Cyanogen isn't going to be on the Vibrant until stock 2.2 is released for the vibrant and source code for the kernel is released by Samsung. They had been aiming for 6.1 release hitting the Vibrant, but it's not happening now.
              [/quote]

Yeah, I remember seeing that. Honestly I really like bionix anyway so I'm not as worried about it right now but I'm interested in seeing it released. One of the roms on my hd2 is a cyanogen rom, and it's pretty nice. They really have to solve the battery issue though, it is currently still quite a drain. If they can ever sort out flash ing it to the nand and replace winmo completely, that will be awesome.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Comment

Re: Re: HTC HD2

[quote author=babyjaysnuts link=topic=1591.msg17408#msg17408 date=1287420936]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah, I remember seeing that. Honestly I really like bionix anyway so I'm not as worried about it right now but I'm interested in seeing it released. One of the roms on my hd2 is a cyanogen rom, and it's pretty nice. They really have to solve the battery issue though, it is currently still quite a drain. If they can ever sort out flash ing it to the nand and replace winmo completely, that will be awesome.

[/quote]

I'm not sure, but the battery issues on the HD2 are partially related to the device, partially related to how Android's being run on the thing

not sure I'd blame team douche for the bad battery life

Comment

Re: Re: Re: HTC HD2

[quote author=Evolvehawk link=topic=1591.msg17451#msg17451 date=1287456015]
                  [quote author=babyjaysnuts link=topic=1591.msg17408#msg17408 date=1287420936]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm not sure, but the battery issues on the HD2 are partially related to the device, partially related to how Android's being run on the thing

not sure I'd blame team douche for the bad battery life
                  [/quote]

Oh I'm not blaming them, I just know I read where they said they were trying to figure it out, and I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

Comment

Working...
                  X