Awkward Situation thread......re: Boss' Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awkward Situation thread......re: Boss' Day

So, there are three people in my group and, while this is only my second year, it's something that they/we've done every year for the guy...I've got no problem with giving him a gift, he's a nice guy...but this is what irritates me

We agreed on a $50 gift card from Best Buy and one of the ladies volunteered to pick it up....today, I got this email:

"I ended up getting an Amex gift card instead. I went to Walgreens and they had either a $100 or $25 to Best Buy and didn’t want to get 2 $25 cards. I have the card and will distribute it around for all to sign."

should this irritate me?

Re: Awkward Situation thread......re: Boss' Day

[move]Yes.[/move]

Comment

No, what she got is even better so just nutt up and pay a little extra.

Comment

[quote author=Hawker007 link=topic=1548.msg16890#msg16890 date=1286997205]
        No, what she got is even better so just nutt up and pay a little extra.
        [/quote]

Pay a little extra? have you not done the math? Joe is out $33! The original gift was $50. That is crazy!

Comment

It's not even really the money 007...although it is more than I want to spend on a mid-october gift for my boss

but it's really that I received that email... "hey, didn't consult you two, just made a decision....i'll be around to collect"

Comment

What a dumb thing to get your boss. I can see baking him cookies or something (actually, really...I can't - boss' day is about the stupidest thing I've ever heard of), but I can't imagine what my boss would think of me if I went up to him and handed him a hundy.

Comment

Working...
            X