Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missouri

a perfect metaphor for living there?

A 3,000 gallon surge of raw sewage sucked a Missouri construction worker one mile through a 27-inch wide sewer pipe before he was finally rescued at the 15th hole of a golf course yesterday. He's recovering in the hospital.

According to the local police chief in Raymore, Missouri, 30-year-old construction worker Daniel Collins "was swept downstream after entering the sewer system to check and see if nearby construction had had any effect on the system, and was caught in the current and was swept downstream." Daniels was able to brace himself just before being sucked under a golf course lake. The sewer system flushes 3,000 gallons of raw sewage every ten minutes.

The superintendent of the Creekmoor Golf Course, Todd Bohn told local ABC news channel KMBC that he was in the middle of a golf tournament when, "I got a phone call from one of my guys. They said you have a bunch of medical people down here looking for carts to get down on the golf course."

Daniels is being treated in the hospital for bruises and hypothermia. He also sucked in a nice amount of raw sewage, which, you know, really needs no further explanation.

[KMBC]

Re: Missouri

He's lucky to have lived. Hope he didn't catch anything... unless he was a Mizzou fan.

Comment

blehk

Comment

What a crappy day.

Sucks to be him.

He doesn't make enough to deal with that kind of shit.

15th hole on a golf course? I guess someone from Missouri CAN make it to the final four.

Ok, I'm done.

Comment

So if Andy from Shawshank emerged from the river of shit to discover he came out in Missouri would he swim back upstream?

Comment

So does this construction worker now go to Zihuatanejo to build a boat with Morgan Freeman?

Comment

Was the last line of the story actually in the story? If so, allsome.

Comment

Working...
              X