I hate cryptic voicemails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate cryptic voicemails

"Hi, this is (insert name here), I have a question...so um...yeah...call me...(phone number here)"

"Hi, this is (insert name here), please call me at (phone number here)."

TELL ME WHAT THE FUCK YOU WANT

Re: I hate cryptic voicemails

I hate it when my dad leaves me VM's....I always think he's pissed at me...even when he's got nothing to be pissed about

Comment

[quote author=filmfanatic24 link=topic=1518.msg16606#msg16606 date=1286898073]
      "Hi, this is (insert name here), I have a question...so um...yeah...call me...(phone number here)"

"Hi, this is (insert name here), please call me at (phone number here)."

TELL ME WHAT THE FUCK YOU WANT
      [/quote]

This is a trick taught in cheesy sales books. I have read them.

Don't give the specific reason you call and you are percentage points more likely to get a call back.

If I left you a message that said, "Hi this is ________ with __________ I'd love to talk to you about your insurance needs and then attempt to use your words against you by molding my features and benefits to fit your needs. I want to make it so enticing that you can't say no. If I make this sale I plan on taking the rest of the week off and playing golf. So, please call me back at ___________. Thanks in advance for your business." Would you really call back? Nah.

Or....

Its a collection agency. Same theory applies as above.

Comment

true WtW, but these are people I know. Granted, the tactic remains the same, I'll still be more likely to call them back if they leave a message like that, but it's a shitty tactic.

Comment

I'll say this.

I quit listening to voicemails quite awhile ago...I see a missed call and it goes like this

"Hello"

"hey, it's joe"

"oh, you get my VM?"

"no, just saw your called and called you back directly"

Comment

hi, filmfanatic. i have a question. please pm me.

Comment

[quote author=Joe Norris link=topic=1518.msg16610#msg16610 date=1286898741]
              I'll say this.

I quit listening to voicemails quite awhile ago...I see a missed call and it goes like this

"Hello"

"hey, it's joe"

"oh, you get my VM?"

"no, just saw your called and called you back directly"
              [/quote]

I hate people that do that. If it was important enough to warrant a call back I will leave a message, if not then assume it was nothing. Don't wste both of our time by calling me back unless I ask you to. My favorite is if I call a wromg number and they call me back asking me what I wanted only to get pissed that it was just a wrong number.

Comment

I don't call back wrong numbers...I only call back friends

Nobody ever has anything important, so I know they wanted me to call back just to chat

Comment

[quote author=Joe Norris link=topic=1518.msg16621#msg16621 date=1286902118]
                  I don't call back wrong numbers...I only call back friends

Nobody ever has anything important, so I know they wanted me to call back just to chat
                  [/quote]

so you never talk to anyone who is not already in your phone book?

Comment

I should have clarified, if my friends and family leave VM's I don't listen to them.

If an unknown number calls and leaves a message I listen...visual VM ftw

Comment

[quote author=Joe Norris link=topic=1518.msg16625#msg16625 date=1286902903]
                      I should have clarified, if my friends and family leave VM's I don't listen to them.

[/quote]

I will let this pass. Although I hope none of them ever leaves you a message saying "dont call my number or my puppy will die"

Comment

[quote author=TacoHut link=topic=1518.msg16626#msg16626 date=1286903033]
                        [quote author=Joe Norris link=topic=1518.msg16625#msg16625 date=1286902903]

[/quote]

I will let this pass. Although I hope none of them ever leaves you a message saying "dont call my number or my puppy will die"
                        [/quote]

That happened once.

Comment

You know what I hate? Wool socks. That shit is fucking terrible.

Comment

Voicemails in general are gay. If someone I call doesn't answer I usually just follow it up with a text, if I need something.

Comment

Who the hell calls people anymore? If it cant be handled in a text then it's not worth handling.

Sample texts I have sent:

"You're a psycho skank, please stop calling me"

"You're Fired... and if your wife calls me I will kill your puppy. :^)"

"Your Mom just died... *hugs*"

Comment

Working...
                              X