Alumni Association

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alumni Association

I just received a few 'please donate' mailers. Anyone else been getting these lately?

Any Wheaters in the KUAA?

Re: Alumni Association

We are members, we get them all the time. It's to be expected...

Comment

I used to be when I was a student...when I have a little extra scratch I'll probably join back up and start donating

I did receive some "please donate" mailers though

Comment

I'd like to get more involved with the Chapter in my area, but the President never replied to any of my messages. Maybe he's agoraphobic. :facepalm

Comment

I'm in the Alumni Association. I like the magazine they send out and the card is cool looking. Not sure what other uses I have for my membership though.

Comment

I'm a life member. KUAA does a lot of outreach, works with KU Endowment on funding raising, gives the Chancellor the alum perspective, sets up a lot of tailgates, watchparties for the out of area Jayhawks, and supports student programs. I've been impressed with their efforts over the last 5 years. They keep trying to find ways to connect KU alumni with the current University.

Comment

I'm a lifer, too. I am just a bit upset that I didn't get a reply from the President of an area that has 2,900 KU alumni. Seems a bit ridiculous.

Comment

Fuck the Alumni Association.

Comment

I used to be a member but let my membership lag...I keep meaning to renew but never get around to it. BUT, I did just get a new mailer a few days ago offering the 4 Jayhawk pint glasses for any renewal. Now they're talking my language!

In other related news, the KUAA could give the CIA a run for its money. We moved a few months ago and within a few weeks, they had me on their mailing list again. You just cannot hide from these people.

Comment

[quote author=RandytheHelpfulPineapple link=topic=1508.msg16472#msg16472 date=1286825824]
                    I'm a lifer, too. I am just a bit upset that I didn't get a reply from the President of an area that has 2,900 KU alumni. Seems a bit ridiculous.
                    [/quote]

Email the main office. It could be they are between area presidents or they have a deadbeat and the KUAA needs to know about it.

Comment

[quote author=samandbendrivemetodrink link=topic=1508.msg16499#msg16499 date=1286829119]
                      I used to be a member but let my membership lag...I keep meaning to renew but never get around to it. BUT, I did just get a new mailer a few days ago offering the 4 Jayhawk pint glasses for any renewal. Now they're talking my language!

In other related news, the KUAA could give the CIA a run for its money. We moved a few months ago and within a few weeks, they had me on their mailing list again. You just cannot hide from these people.
                      [/quote]

/ Begin scene: Enfuego has just busted out the KUAA records center's window

E: Jackpot! You can run, but you can't hide.

Comment

[quote author=CStop link=topic=1508.msg16503#msg16503 date=1286830550]
                        [quote author=RandytheHelpfulPineapple link=topic=1508.msg16472#msg16472 date=1286825824]
                        [/quote]

Email the main office. It could be they are between area presidents or they have a deadbeat and the KUAA needs to know about it.
                        [/quote]

I emailed the President again (I had sent him a message at his kualumni email and via facebook). If he doesn't reply within 5 days, his butt is in hot water.

Comment

It's threads like this that make me feel like an outsider.... you bastages!

Comment

[quote author=ICThawk link=topic=1508.msg16558#msg16558 date=1286890285]
                            It's threads like this that make me feel like an outsider.... you bastages!
                            [/quote]

You aren't missing much-- this isn't some secret handshake club like the Skull and Bones.

Comment

Yeh yeh yeh.... wave your KU degree in my face! You're STILL a bastage!

Comment

Working...
                              X