• Best Childhood Game

Personally, I was a big fan of Capture the Flag

but I know there were tons of options out there

Re: Best Childhood Game

Capture the flag and Sardines

Comment

I voted for capture the flag.

We also played Butts Up (the sadistic version) and Over the Line a lot.

Comment

Does Dodgeball count? If so, that.

Comment

bottlerocket wars.

Somebody remind me what "kick the can" was?

Comment

how the fuck did I forget dodgeball

oh wait...we werent allowed to play it

fuck the pussification of america

Comment

dodgeball was awesome on a trampoline. Have 1 person throwing and you jumping and doing flips to dodge it.

a twist on bottle rocket wars. We called it bottle rocket russian roulette. You stand in a circle and drop a bottle rocket with no stick in the middle and whoever it explodes on is out. We were forced to stop playing when it went up someones shorts and exploded and they had burns and a welt.

Comment

We played some hybrid of soccer and basketball in our gym in high school... can't remember the name, but it was the shit. Got pretty physical too.

Of the "standard" games, its dodgeball by a mile.

Comment

We lived outside of Wichita when I was growing up in a neighborhood of about 20 houses each on about an acre of land. It was the perfect set-up for games like this. We were all over the Kick the Can and Capture the Flag until we all turned 12. Then we discovered Spin the Bottle and that was the end of THOSE games.

Comment

We'd play 2-on-2 football and basketball at the babysitters. We did a lot of these games listed, but football and basketball were played the most.

Comment

[quote author=WavetheWheat link=topic=1488.msg16159#msg16159 date=1286579740]
                      bottlerocket wars.

[/quote]

We played kick the can all the time on my block. You had one person who was it and everybody else went and hid while the person who was it counted to say 50 with a foot on the can (we used a Folger's coffee can). Then the person who was it would go looking for people. If they saw you, they had to run back to the can and put their foot on it and say your name and where you were. The goal was to get the person who was it far enough away from the can so you could run and kick it before they got back to it to spot you. If you kicked it, the game started over and that person was still it.

Loved that game!

Comment

[quote author=Hawker007 link=topic=1488.msg16198#msg16198 date=1286593953]
                        [quote author=WavetheWheat link=topic=1488.msg16159#msg16159 date=1286579740]
                        bottlerocket wars.

[/quote]

We played kick the can all the time on my block. You had one person who was it and everybody else went and hid while the person who was it counted to say 50 with a foot on the can (we used a Folger's coffee can). Then the person who was it would go looking for people. If they saw you, they had to run back to the can and put their foot on it and say your name and where you were. The goal was to get the person who was it far enough away from the can so you could run and kick it before they got back to it to spot you. If you kicked it, the game started over and that person was still it.

Loved that game!
                        [/quote]

Kick the can?!? Seriously? How old are you people? 106?

On the playground it was a lot of kickball and basketball. When it snowed and they plowed the snow off of the blacktop, we occasionally played King of the Mountain on the huge piles just off the edge.

Comment

KICK THE CAN

Comment

your post count and description are quite fitting

Comment

Doctor

or

Punch the clown

Comment