Coke Free Style Machines...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coke Free Style Machines...

These things are incredible. However, I had to watch this old lady look at this thing like she was being asked to fly the space shuttle today at 5 guys. I was 3 people behind her. I felt terrible. I was very thirsty.

Originally posted by WavetheWheat View Post

These things are incredible. However, I had to watch this old lady look at this thing like she was being asked to fly the space shuttle today at 5 guys. I was 3 people behind her. I felt terrible. I was very thirsty.
    I've had this exact scenario in the past. The Planet Sub in Olathe had to take the machine out of their shop for this exact reason.

Comment

Yeah, I had the same thing happen at a Firehouse Subs when I was about 15 kids deep behind kids making suicides. I was angered.

Comment

As my kids have aged, those things have replaced Happy Meals as the sole deciding factor as to where they want to go eat.

Remember when you were a kid and you loved to make "suicides"? Those machines make the ultimate suicides.

EDIT: LOL, King. IT WASN'T MY KIDS!!!

Comment

OH! and also, I never put the cup in the right spot for the ice .... :(

Comment

Our 5 Guys locations don't have those. Now I'm pissed.

Comment

Kids at the machine are the worst. One time at Planet Sub, I saw a little kid dick with it for nearly 5 minutes (I timed it) while his shithead parents sat stuffing their faces, oblivious to their little brat holding up the line so he could get the perfect concoction his parents would inevitably throw out 5 minutes later.

I prefer the QT method of mixing my own the way I want it, but I see the advantage of this, especially for the stores and Coke. Coke gets to ensure consistent quality of product as well as track the beverages people get for marketing purposes, and also probably charges more for it. Stores don't have to maintain a soda fountain and also get to advertise (and charge for) the novelty of it.

Comment

I have never seen one of these new fangled devices. Where can I go to see one?

Comment

Freaking hate them. Hate! It's not bad enough that they confuse people, but only one person can get a drink at a time. In the "regular" style, if a person is getting a Diet Pepsi then someone else can get a Dr. Pepper at the same time, and so on. For these, you have to stand there and wait in line forever. If I notice that this is my option, then I pass on getting a drink if it is remotely busy.

Comment

Never have seen one of those. Must be a little behind in Iowa.

Comment

Originally posted by ShakNBake View Post
                      I have never seen one of these new fangled devices. Where can I go to see one?
                      Firehouse Subs have them around me. That's pretty much it, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by kurob View Post
                        Our 5 Guys locations don't have those. Now I'm pissed.
                        Don't be. The novelty is not worth it.

Comment

Goodcents have them at most, if not all locations. 5 Guys in Lawrence does too.

Comment

All that and no Fresca?

Comment

We have them all over the place in Seattle. Five Guys, Taco Time, Readi Spaghetti. It seems like every new restaurant that opens has these instead of the standard soda fountains.

Comment

Working...
                              X